Recreation of the pixel font from HAL Laboratory's "Adventures of Lolo" (1989) on the NES. Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
Inspired by a video showing a hairdresser creating a wig for a play........
Many LC glyphs are an alternate to corresponding UC.
I haven't mastered creating good joints between FS bricks and the compos I need to make ""to join"" the two types of brick. Trying to get them to flow into each other produces more or less untidy joining in many places which I find frustrating. Maybe I have to sketch out simpler designs for easy Fontstructing.
Looking at the caron I wonder if the center cross-over brick needs replacing with the one that dips downwards? See the two different bricks in the caron of E and e.This is a clone
Aenvidere (the normal weight version) still needs fine-tuning and kerning, still. That will come, eventually :) At the moment I'm quite busy doing too many things concurrently.
Check the font description for AlexGar-Aenvidere for details.
At a later date I'll publish a squared-off version of this. Aenvidere SQ will have the same glyph style but will be wider than the other versions which might make it less useful as a "tool" to attract attention when added as splash insert in text that uses another Aenvidere version.
Thicker lines than Aenvidere AGardin. This is quite chunky. Yet it remains rather (good looking and) elegant. Kerning has to be done (check details of this in the font description on Aenvidere AGardin)This is a clone of Aenvidere Stilo
At the end of October I decided to dive into the new Bricks 'Connect'. I started with the lowercase 's' & 'a'. Working out what the minimal size I could fontstruct it in, then expanded and condensed it from there to accomadate the rest of the glyths. You can still see these in the font above (Just before the Latin charachters. As I progressed I came to love the thin white gaps, and then tried to have every glyth with some element of the curved white gap in it. Some were more successful than others. As you can see, I have included the less preferred options at the end. I've also designed some of the final glyphs in illustrator, as it was impossible to have all of them with one white line, without help from an external app.
The most difficult glyphs to create and ultimately the most satisfying once completed were the 'V' and '~'.
I liked the look of final font so much, that I decided to create a whole family. Cableguynium 0 (which has Zero cables), CableGuynium 2 (which has 1-2 cables per glyth), and CableGuynium 3 (Which has 3-4 cables).
Unusually I struggled naming this font, I have early versions saved called Flowonica, Rubber Tyre, Ice Skater and Fibropticon, ..... eventually settling on CableGuynium as it was the most memorable.
ANY CRITICISM, GOOD OR BAD IS WELCOMED.
Recreation of the primary pixel font from Konami's "Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun" (1990) on the Nintendo Famicom. It includes an almost complete set of hiragana and katakana characters.
Note that in the game, the dakuten and handakuten are rendered as a character on the preceding line, while this recreation includes characters with these diacritics in the correct position in the correct character codepoints themselves - for this reason, the characters themselves are taller than 8 pixels.
Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
this is a pixelated version of a font I previously handwrote that you can find here along all my other fonts
A completely 8-Bit type face inspired by western cowboys and extra-terrestial aliens. Font is free for for all ranchers, cattlemen, geeks, E.Ts and Jovians.
Interractive type sepcimen available here: