A font-set I made inspired by the new KIA Motors logo.
As always, open to feedback and critique
The long-awaited italic version of Misterama Slab - why make a slab serif without an italic? It'd be useless then!This is a clone of Misterama Slab
Pixel art font by @martared.art
The italic version of the famed 86-year-old typeface.
86 Years of Great Typography - 9B (Since 1936)This is a clone of Ambeth (document)
Well, I was not happy with the final look of my zelestia, so I tried to change the center of gravity of the font, which I managed to lighten its weight and basically alter its general appearance. I like this new, more dynamic and special look better... and I wish you would like it too. Let me know your opinion. Thanks a thousand.
Unicase italic font with many alternates (in the lower case zone), so much that it's almost like two fonts in one. Hope you like it.This is a clone of zelestia eYe/FS
Unicase italic font with many alternates (in the lower case), so much that it's almost like two fonts in one. Hope you like it.
Recreation of the pixel font from Binary Vision/Palace Software's "Stifflip & Co." (1987) on the Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.
Note the special characters, mapped to U+2318, U+269B, U+26A1, U+2733, and U+AA5C.
Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.
Should there be an italic version of Debit? Yes there should! This is the much-needed italic version of Debit.
Debit font family
>Debit Regular [P]
>Debit Medium [P]
>Debit Bold [P]
*P = orginalThis is a clone of Debit
I started making Trivial in 2020 and have been sitting on it since. I'm tired of not getting it out publicly, so here's a first glimpse of it.
Please feel free to give constructive critics and advices on how I could make this better. This is just the start,
Happy Fontstructing ♡This is a clone
DER ZiiLTED - Neo-Grotesk italic hairline sans
[ DESCRIPTION ]
The design is a simplistic slanted geometric hairline letterform with stylistic tapered spurs. Some extra glyph alternates were included to spice up this otherwise boring font, making it a little bit less boring.
The "DER ZIILTED" name was inspired by a poorly English speaking German person that is saying "The Tilted" in English but with a bad German emphasis on the phonetic sound of it hence 'der ziilted'
[ INSIDE THIS FONT ]
■ Basic latin character set with only essential punctuation marks
■ Stylistic alternates
• Double storey lowercase 'a' & 'g'
• Spurless lowercase forms (still in trial stage and likely will change)
[ TECHNICAL ]
■ Metrics(in square grid units)
• em-square: 11 × 4.5
• cap-height: 8
• x-height: 6
• ascent: 2
• descent: 3
• optical compensation: ☒
• stroke weight: 0.25
Nearly no kernig was done yet, but will be done at a later stage, since I'm 99.9% sure about having screwed up protocol for glyph 'side-bearings' in Italic fonts. (Still figuring out how exactly this should be handled properly, so stick with me on this matter..)
[ PROCESS ]
Let's start with mentioning that only recently I was still tested 'Very Green' for Italic genetic material (found 0.01%).
I have very little experience doing Italic designs in general, having done only a hand full of trials, and completed only a couple. This is actually only the third 'true' Italic font that I have ever made with Fontstruct, and the second one (I think) that got published. Don't ask me why it took me about 5 years to finally do another, but, let me tell you this; Looking back at it after doing this font — "I now know why". This was tough to say the least.
I can imagine designing Italic fonts in general comes with it's own set of challenges of course. Doing this in Fontstruct only adds numerous challenges on top of that — "what else is new, right?!" Nothing that wasn't expected for the most part. But "holy frog on a leopard", what do I absolutely positively very much regret the choice to do so in such a small stroke weight. This stripped away every possible tollerance and free space for finetuning and making finalizing adjustments to minute little details required to perfecting everything (curvatures, transitions, slants and optical compensation).
I did the best I could to get visual aesthetics at least acceptable, and somewhat complete enough character set for basic latin text. There remain some small imperfections present for now that still need to get addressed.
For example I started experimenting with trying to achieve acceptable optical compensations such as overshoot. For now I only temporarily applied this to the experimental 'spurless' glyph alternate set for trial testing purpose, looking for acceptable results. And only once I found all the necessary solutions for each requisite glyph I transfer these adjustments one by one to the main character set. But all options remain open for the time being, it might so happen that in a later stage I decide not to implement them after all.
The 'spurless' glyph alternates will remain included to the project, but in what final form for now remains uncertain.
So from a typographer's point of view the font surely will look very basic and perhaps even simplistic. But looking at it from a Fontstructor's perspective, this was a lot more than just the average walk in the park for me.
But to be honest, I doubt I will do another Italic Fontstruction any time soon,haha
I hope you like it so far.
An italic & pixel font, the obvious fusion give us Pixtalic made by Alex Shirlaw. Go on my behance to see it used.
Tell me if you like it
First font by the way
Recreation of the pixel font from Konami's "Punk Shot" (1990). Only the characters present in the game's tile set have been included.This is a clone of Thunder Cross II