Inspired by the idea of how newspapers are printed to protect us, I've created my first fontstruction for the start of my UWE graphic design course. I drew the letters by hand using black ink and a quill that sort of created this idea of the ink that is used in newspapers. Therefore, creating this abstract font design.
A "replication" of "Tweaky". Not an exact clone by any means but it is close enough for my purposes. Contains only uppercase.
My theme was messy. I began looking into paint and the effect it can give when the ink runs out towards the end of the stroke. This led me to looking into graffiti and the 'messy' appearance it can give a place. I took photographs on my way home from Arnolfini of any typographic graffiti I came across and I traced the ones I was fond of. I particularly liked this one that had drips at a slight angle as it was written on a slant so I reproduced my own interpretation of it.