This is a (not very good) font designed to emulate the experience of a dot-matrix display; these displays are found on trains, buses, etc. This font supports most characters up to Latin-1 Supplement, and full Unicode support is on the way.
Inspired by radios' displays.This is a clone of Digital Radio Display 14 Seg
Inspired by radios' digital segment-displays.
Tried coming up for one of a few default fonts for a fictional computer operating system I came up with called COMIX_NT. I based it a bit off of Computerfont (a personal favorite of mine) and gave it serifs - overall, a janky, yet (hopefully) charming typeface.
https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/402774/digi_digiThis is a clone of The 2K12
This is a font based on a few found in the Wipe'Out racing game series. The blocky shapes are futuristic, yet rather simple. Perfect for an attention-grabbing headline. The name of this font is a reference to AG-Systems, a team in the series, and Wipe'Out Pure, a fan-favorite game in the series.
Hope you enjoy my first published FontStruction!
The standard font sets of the HD44780-A00 and -A02 combined, using only the 8x8 characters, and preferring the -A02 ones where there are two different ones (the cent sign for instance). Characters with dual or triple purposes are filling all of their potential slots.
LCD 5x7 Segment Display font.
An experimental segmented display. It's called Cornerian because it has a lot of corners in it. HA HA I AM LE JOEK MASTER
An attempt to make a Calculatrix with both squares and hexagonal segments. The result doesn't really fit in with the others, but it has a harsh and highly technical appearance about it which I like.
More glyphs later, maybe?
Experimental 25-segment display with some interesting geometry. :D
Nirvanite Fossil with round shapes changed to diamonds.
I think this one is the toughest to read in the family - even harder than Nirvanite Pixel. Oh well!This is a clone of Nirvanite Fossil
Zapotec-style mosaic/segmented display. :D
(Use _ for the full design.)
Pixelated demake of Nirvanite Fossil. It introduces more size variation than its predecessors, and proves even harder to read. The size variation was necessary to prevent these sprites from being too large and to make them more unique from the glyphs in Nirvanite Fossil.
Original size: 25pt (use multiples of this value for pixel perfection)
Alternate take on Nirvanite, this time with bullseyes rather than solid circles as the large segments.
This one is a lot more organic than its predecessor, but also a lot more confusing. Looks like clusters of alien tadpole eggs to me!This is a clone of Nirvanite
Experimental mosaic... or maybe a new mineral species?
This one started as a doodle. I began placing circles to see what kinds of complex shapes I could make, and this was the result.
It achieves a new visual effect at almost every size up to the original. Also try slowly moving the zoom slider for some interesting animations!
This font is now nearly 1MB in size! I guess it has to do with the intrinsic complexity of circles.
Experimental 24-segment display or massive monochrome Mondrian matrix. Pixel compatible!
The thinking behind this one was that with incongruously sized segments arranged in the proper way, I would create a design which was effectively 5x5, but which accomodated more glyphs than 5x5 usually does. Negative space is incorporated into the structure of many glyphs, though not enough to classify this as an IVO design.
"Qualtron" is the name of an imaginary entity that a friend believed in - a being meant to represent the result of "a mathematical equation that can rule the universe". I didn't inquire further about it... :D
1. Segments can have interior length/width of 2 or 5.
2. The central 2x2 square must always remain open.
3. Square bricks and 90-degree angles only.
Original size: 20.75pt (use multiples of this value for pixel perfection)
I was making some new bricks to add to Brick Basket when the idea of a segmented display made from composites occurred to me. The result is this experimental 25-segment display.
This achieves some interesting "double line"/"folded line" effects. It also gets some pecuilar distortions at smaller sizes.
I built diamonds sized according to the Fibonacci series, then made a segmented display out of them. The design was then carved away to make the glyphs you see here. I used the members 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8. These sizes proved most feasible to work with in this sort of arrangement.
I gave the terminals a flared appearance which I think makes the glyphs look slightly Celtic. The design also makes me think of beach sand and things found on the beach - shells, pretty rocks, and so on.
Made via subtractive methods.