A modern hairline sans style font.
design grid: 3,5 × 4,5 units
brick size filter: 2 × 2
stroke weight: 1/8
I tried to incorporate rounded letter parts and corners but this was very tricky to pull off with this thin stoke weight. The font works best at small size due to very small imperfctions.
I hope you like it nonetheless!This is a clone
elza: serif meets ball terminal... I found out the Germans actually have a word for this: 'Tropfenserife', which roughly translates as 'teardrop-serif'. Normally appearing at the end of strokes in letters such as a,c,f,g,j and r, I have tried to build this font around it, using it as its main design feature.
While waiting at a doctor's office, absentmindedly drawing letters on my knee with a new pen in my hand, I realized after I while that I was doodling the glyphs of fs_penmanship, although with curved ends. Which got me thinking that it just might be possible with the new and improved HTML fontstructor.
This is the second version of that idea. The first version had too many compromises in lining up the stacked and nudged bricks. Be that as it may, the new fontstuctor has grown up so much and although quite recognizable compared to the original, but level 1000 in possibilities, all hidden behind a simple interface. Brilliant.
PS, Rob: I found two things that need further updating: 1. Because of the way 4×4 stacks work, nudges need to be in increments of 8th as opposed to the 4th that is currently the case, otherwise, some of the bricks just don't line up. 2. Bricks should be rotatable from the center of the grid box in increments of 15° (or at least 45°).This is a clone
Something that I made. Part of the Roto Family.
English, Jamaican, Irish, Dutch, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Sami (Northern), Hungarian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Esperanto
v0.1: Basic characters.
v0.2: Added basic punctuation.
v0.3: Added more punctuation.
v0.4: Changed letters S, s, Q.
v0.5: Added ^ and ` .
v1.0: Smoother curves, changed letters S, s, Q, R, r, K, k.
v1.1: Added Á, À, Â, Å, Ä, Æ.
v1.2: Added Ç, È, É, Ê, Ë, Ì, Í, Î, Ï, Ð.
v1.3: Added Ñ, Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, ×, Ø.
v1.4: Added Ù, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, Ÿ, Þ, ß.
v1.5: Added à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ.
v1.6: Added ç, è, é, ê, ë, ì, í, î, ï.
v1.7: Added ð, ñ, ò, ó, ô, õ, ö, ÷, ø.
v1.8: Added ù, ú, û, ü, ý, þ, ÿ.
v2.0: Added Ā, ā, Ă, ă, Ą, ą.
v2.1: Added Ć, ć, Ĉ, ĉ, Ċ, ċ, Č, č.
v2.2: Added Ď, ď, Đ, đ, Ē, ē, Ĕ, ĕ, Ė, ė.
v2.3: Added Ę, ę, Ě, ě, Ĝ, ĝ, Ğ, ğ, Ġ, ġ, Ģ, ģ.
v2.4: Added Ĥ, ĥ, Ħ, ħ, Ĩ, ĩ, Ī, ī, Ĭ, ĭ.
v2.5: Added Į, į, İ, ı, Ĳ, ĳ.
v2.6: Added Ĵ, ĵ, Ķ, ķ, ĸ, Ĺ, Ļ, ļ.
v2.7: Added Ņ, ņ, Ň, ŉ, Ŋ, ŋ, Ō, ō, Ŏ, ŏ.
v2.8: Added Ő, ő, Œ, œ, Ŕ, ŕ, Ŗ, ŗ, Ř, ř.
v2.9: Added Ś, ś, Ŝ, ŝ, Ş, ş, Š, š, Ţ, ţ, Ť, ť, Ŧ, ŧ.
v2.10: Completed Latin Extended-A.
v3.0: Started Latin Extended-B.